Regalos de la Tierra Pottery Company is a family business found on a small isthmus jutting into the Pacific Ocean – El Istmo de Tehuantepec in southern Oaxaca, Mexico – the only place in the world where Zapotec Indians still create their beautiful, high-fired designs. When we say family business, we mean it! Avelino and Lisa Jimenez are a husband and wife team, and partners in the business. Avelino is a third-generation Zapotec potter, who grew up making pottery. He knows each and every aspect of the pottery-making process, and manages production. He can even find clay deposits just by looking at the features above ground!
Regalos de la Tierra means “gifts of the earth” – gifts from this precious, black clay which is known throughout the industry for its amazing strength. It’s from this mineral-rich clay, still mined by hand, that our family of Zapotec artisans form each piece one-by-one, using a wooden kick-wheel and coils of hand-prepared clay.
Our exclusive designs and the truly handcrafted nature of our products, make us completely unique in the marketplace. Together with our family of artisans, we are dedicated to bringing our customers unique, lasting and affordable products. We’re proud to keep this important cultural tradition alive, and share with you a bit of the ancient Zapotec culture.
It’s simple. We do everything we can to make your experience with us terrific. We strive, always, for complete and total customer satisfaction. Have a concern or a question? Just call or email us, and you can rest assured that we’ll give you the personal attention you need and deserve. We’ll work with you until you can say that you’re 100% satisfied! At Regalos de la Tierra, you’re more than just a customer, you’re part of our growing family!
The Top 10 Reasons Why You’ll Love Working with Regalos de la Tierra:
1. Integrity. It means something to us, and we do our very best to keep our word and treat you as we’d like to be treated – with respect and consideration.
2. Flexibility. Because we make each and every piece by hand, we can be flexible with your order. You don’t have to order a container of all the same designs, or even a pallet. We’ll work with you to custom design your order.
3. Small minimums. You can order as little as $1500 of our product, though per unit pricing improves with larger orders.
4. Exclusive designs and custom orders. Again, because we’re the producers, we can create designs exclusively for your store and your customers, and we welcome custom orders!
5. We’re a U.S. Company, registered in New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment!
6. Great Customer Service – we mean it! Need help with your order? Just give us a call. We’re happy to discuss your primary market and help determine what will work best for your customers.
6. Marketing. We find that customers love to know about the artisans who made their pot. We can help share the story of the Zapotec Indians and the importance of this art in their culture. We have DVD’s available which highlight the production process, and product tags that double as price tags, for your convenience.
8. Living Wages. We pay our family of artisans a living wage, and believe that when we succeed, everyone succeeds, including you!
9. Friendly payment terms. We do appreciate a 30% production deposit for new customers, and we always allow 30 days for payment of the balance due. Need more time? Just ask, and we’ll work with you.
10. Easy shipment. Just place your order and we’ll take care of the rest – all transportation and customs brokerage services. Full containers ship directly from our factory in Oaxaca. All others ship from our warehouse in Laredo, Texas
Okay, Just Two More…
11. Plants Love our Pots! It’s true. It’s because they breathe. Water slowly transpires through the pot, acting like an evaporative cooler, leaving the plants’ roots nice and cool and happy. And our planters complement rather than compete with your favorite container designs.
12. We’re Green! Pottery doesn’t get any greener than ours – no toxins. Just Mother Earth; pure clay, sand and water. Our artisans are never exposed to toxic chemicals or heavy metals, common in other manufacturing processes.
Avelino and Lisa Jimenez
Regalos de la Tierra Pottery Company
515 W. 7th Street
Silver City, NM 88061